Monday, February 28, 2011

A balanced approach to cleaning and hair care...


I recently had the opportunity to try some new products, and I am so glad I did! One is a cleaner, the other is a line of hair-care products. As many of you know I have issues with chemicals. Mostly fragrances, but many chemicals in cleaning products really cause me problems. So I am always happy to hear of cleaning solutions that are safe for me, and the environment.

Erik Burnett, from NatureMagiX, asked me to try it and provide a review. I am genuinely excited about this product! NatureMagiX is a plant-based, pH-neutral, concentrated all-purpose cleaner. It is non-toxic, biodegradable, safe for people, pets, plants, and the environment. Best of all -- it works. I use it all over the house. Kitchen, bathroom, laundry, floors, even carpets. No horrific chemical fumes, or odors. The only thing I smell after using it is
clean, as in the absence of "dirty" smells. As an added bonus, it is incredibly cost effective. A quart of commercial, chemical-laden cleaning solution costs anywhere from $2.50-$5.00 depending on the brand. A quart of NatureMagiX costs about 59 cents.

Phyto was founded by Mr. Patrick Ales - a renowned French salon owner with a passion for hair styling and the healing power of plants. His company uses a creative, scientific approach to developing plant-based products that are synergistic, safe, and effective. The plants, and their parts, are selected for their active substances, and great care is taken in the extraction of these substances. These products are NOT tested on animals. The resulting products are high-quality and very effective. I can tell you from personal experience that these products work. My hair has never looked, or felt, better.

Phyto products are only available in salons, and are a bit expensive, but I feel my health is worth the extra expense. A little product goes a long way, so if you aren't wasteful, they can be cost-effective. Especially if you have short hair. Mine is very long, and I am pleased with how little it takes to do the job on my hair. Most salons will have samples available, so don't be afraid to ask. It's very gratifying to see that healthy products are becoming more prevalent in the marketplace. I encourage everyone to give them a try and experience for yourself the healthy alternatives that are available. We can balance our needs with the needs of our planet.

Until next time...become the change you imagine.

No comments: