Sunday, September 2, 2007

Finding peace in the natural world.


Yesterday began with a headache, but I had planned to spend it working on new designs for the shop. These were photos taken in May on the Suwannee River, in Florida, and were some of my favorites. As I worked and became more involved in the project, I stopped feeling the headache.

The more I looked at the photos, and remembered the circumstances of photographing those scenes, it was as if the peace of that place soothed me and removed my awareness of the headache. This seems to be a perfect illustration of how powerful the mind is in forming our reality.

We live in a stressful world, and that stress takes its toll on our emotional and physical health. Perhaps finding a peaceful place to contemplate will help to cope with some of these stresses. What is your "happy place"?
Until next time...become the change you imagine.

No comments: